Kale Pesto made with loads of kale, almonds, parmesan cheese, olive oil and garlic. Perfect for pasta, pizza or sandwiches.
Kale is rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin K and Vitamin A. Has no fat and low calories and lots of flavor for a leafy green. Perfect food to get your family eating healthier. Almonds serve as a healthy protein source and olive oil has healthy fats. The parmesan is… well… mostly for the great flavor, however still a great source of calcium and Vitamin D.
For a simple dinner idea: add 2 tablespoons of Kale Pesto on chicken breasts, place some sliced Roma tomatoes on top with some extra shredded parmesan. Cover with foil. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes on 375 degrees. There is something about pesto and tomatoes together that works so perfectly.
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¾ cup almonds, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- .5 bunch of kale
- pinch of salt
- Wash kale well.
- Shred parmesan cheese and mince the garlic cloves.
- Place the olive oil, kale, almonds, garlic, salt and shredded parmesan cheese into food processor.
- Blend until smooth. This only takes around 3 minutes.
- Taste test. Pesto may need more salt.
- Blend another minute. Consistency should be paste like but still somewhat creamy. You may need to add a dab more olive oil at this point also.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge if not consumed immediately.
Try other variations of pesto. Swap kale for basil, almonds for pine nuts or parmesan for romano. Delish!
Pin recipe for later: