Peanut Butter Frosting
Peanut Butter Frosting time! I love peanut butter. Love, love, love it. There is no better combination than chocolate and peanut butter in a dessert.
This frosting is so simple to make. The only trick to making this frosting, or really any frosting, is to make sure you use room temperature butter. This helps get that smooth and creamy texture perfect for frosting cupcakes or cakes.
For frosting cupcakes or cakes, I always use a large tip. Any of the Wiltons large tip set will work. To frost a cupcake, make a small dollop in the middle and then make a swirl starting at the edges and going towards the center. Sprinkle some fun chocolate chips or sprinkles and done. Easy as that.
Peanut butter and chocolate is basically perfect together. For these chocolate cupcakes, I used a cake box mix and added an extra egg, swapped vegetable oil with butter and used milk. Plus, I like to add a packet of instant chocolate pudding for an extra chocolate taste. Add the peanut butter frosting and you have one heck of a dessert. You can also try a cake like this one from Simply Made Recipes, Triple Chocolate Cake with peanut Butter Frosting. You are seeing that correctly, triple chocolate. Yummy.
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- ½cup heaving cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 1.5 cups creamy peanut butter, creamy
- Gather ingredients, hand or stand mixer, frosting bag and tip, measuring cups and a large mixing bowl.
- Add room temperature butter to your mixing bowl with peanut butter. Mix until smooth.
- Add in a cup of confectioners sugar and .5 cup heavy cream and mix until smooth.
- Add the remaining confectioners sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and mix again until you have a creamy, smooth frosting.
- Place into your frosting bag with tip and frost away!
Pin this to share with your friends: