Blue Cheese Ball
Blue Cheese Ball is made with cream cheese, cheddar, parsley, almonds, shallots and Salemville® Amish Blue Cheese Crumbles for the go-to holiday appetizer during holiday gatherings.
This time of year is hectic. From running around the mall shopping for gifts, holiday work functions to family gatherings- it is busy! This Blue Cheese Ball recipe works this holiday season for many reasons:
- The Salemville® Amish Blue Cheese Crumbles in the cheese ball make it unique and tastes amazing!
- Simple recipes are my favorite. There is no baking or standing in the kitchen for hours before a party with this recipe.
- Pairs with dessert wines perfectly.
- Every holiday gathering needs a delicious cheese ball on the table. This is a fact!
- Completely portable. Take it anywhere!
Salemville® award-winning blue-veined cheeses are crafted in the heart of Wisconsin, America’s Dairyland. Salemville® cheeses are renowned for their smooth, earthy flavor that perfectly accentuates burgers, salads and cheese plates. Salemville® cheeses are rich in calcium and contain no preservatives or chemical additives.
The line’s rich and creamy texture is dotted with gorgeous veining and serves as the perfect counterpart to dessert wines. Today, I paired the Blue Cheese Ball with a light and slightly sweet Riesling for the perfect combination to help take a moment to slow down this season.
I like making cheese balls for many occasions because it is simple, always a winner among friends and travels well. This Blue Cheese Ball can be made for pot lucks with co-workers, family gatherings, holiday parties with friends or as a great appetizer when hosting.
Let’s get started!
In a mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and use a hand mixer to beat until creamy. Add in the cheddar cheese and Salemville® Amish Blue Cheese Crumbles and beat until smooth once again. Stir in some chopped shallots and place the mixture on top of plastic wrap. Cover the cheese in the plastic wrap while making a circular form. Place your cheese ball into the fridge for a bit to set up and meld the flavors.
Take the cheese ball out of the fridge after an hour. Although, you can pre-make this a day ahead if you would like. Chop up some sliced almonds and fresh parsley and place onto parchment paper. Roll your cheese ball into the mixture and the Blue Cheese Ball is ready! Serve with pretzels, bread or crackers.
- 4 ounces Salemville® Amish Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- .5 cup almonds, chopped
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the cheddar cheese and Salemville® Amish Blue Cheese Crumbles. Beat until creamy.
- Finely chop about half a shallot (2 tabelspoons) and mix into cheese ball.
- Place your cheese ball mixture onto plastic wrap, cover and work with it until you form a ball.
- Place in fridge for 1 hour - 1 day.
- Chop .5 cup worth of almonds. I buy the sliced almonds to make this quick and easy. Also chop some parsley and mix with the chopped almonds.
- Put your almond mixture onto parchment paper and roll the cheese ball in it until completely covered.