Cake Batter Rice Krispies Wands are an adorably delicious treat made with Rice Krispies cereal, marshmallows, butter, sprinkles and white chocolate.
If you are looking for ideas for Birthday parties, slumber parties, weekend treats or just some mommy and mini fun- these little Cake Batter Rice Krispies Wands fit the bill. You can use any color sprinkles, sticks and ribbon you please make these a fun time with help from your kids.
Get the Look
Mini is Birthday party ready with this little dress from Amazon. Get the whole look below:
Cake Batter Rice Krispies Wands
Cake Batter Rice Krispies Wands are just a basic Rice Krispie treat recipe with added dry cake mix and sprinkles. A drizzle of white chocolate are poured over top with a pinch more colorful sprinkles. Use a cookie cutter of choice, I picked stars, and then colorful paper straws pushed into each star to serve as a stick. Decorate with curled ribbon.
Tips & Tricks
The most difficult part of these Cake Batter Rice Krispies Wands is inserting the straws (“sticks”) into the rice krispie cut outs without distorting the shape. Just be easy and you may have to reform each one just a teeny bit after insertion.
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 10 ounce bag mini marshmallows
- ⅔ cup dry white cake mix
- ½ cup sprinkles, plus more for decoration over top
- ¼ cup white chocolate melts
- 9 paper straws or sticks
- In large saucepan melt the butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir constantly until completely melted.
- Stir in cake mix.
- Remove from heat and add in Rice Krispies cereal and sprinkles. Stir until well coated.
- Using butter spatula, evenly press mixture into 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool slightly. Using cookie cutters coated with cooking spray cut into star shapes.
- Melt the chocolate in 30 seconds increments, stirring between until completely melted and drizzle it over each star. Place extra sprinkles over top.
- Let chocolate dry.
- Carefully insert a straw into each star.
- Tie ribbon around each straw for some pizzazz!