Caramel Apple Rum Cocktail
+ Mocktail Version
This post is sponsored by Sparkling ICE but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Caramel Apple Rum Cocktails are made with caramel sauce, apple juice, your favorite rum and Sparkling ICE Crisp Apple garnished with a cinnamon stick and apple slice for a delicious way to celebrate back to school and the beginning of the fall season. Yes, I am also sharing a mocktail version without the rum for a kid-friendly beverage.
I admit- I am a SUMMER person all the way! I love the heat, the fun activities, and all the sunshine but there is something about fall that gives you all the good feels. Maybe it is the kids going back to school, maybe it is getting all my favorite layering pieces out of the closet… the bonfires… the leaves changing colors… there is just something comforting about fall.
One of the best comforts of fall is apple cider! A mug of hot, fresh cider while snuggled in your favorite blanket…. oh yeaaahhh. That hits the spot.
Except the fact that it is still summer… and it is supposed to hit over 100 degrees today brings that daydream to a screeching halt.
Cue the Caramel Apple Rum Cocktail. All the delicious flavor of fall but over ice and oh so refreshing. This cocktail hits the spot on a hot day while you dream of fall approaching and the perfect drink to celebrate back to school time! Parents- it is okay to admit to doing a little happy dance the first day! We ALL do it. It is also okay to wash that happy dance down with a cocktail.
What’s in a Caramel Apple Rum Cocktail??
- Deliciousness. Duh.
- Rum- pick your favorite. Bourbon/whisky could also be used if your prefer.
- Caramel sauce. Yeah, like that stuff you put on ice cream sundaes.
- Apple juice.
- Sparkling ICE in Crisp Apple.
- Apple slice and cinnamon stick garnish if you have time for all that.
Why choose Sparkling Ice for your cocktail?
- Zero sugar.
- Zero calories.
- Caffeine free.
- Natural flavoring.
- Contains vitamins and antioxidants.
- The bubbly always rise to the top.
Find all 16 Sparkling Ice flavors on Amazon by clicking HERE or visit your local retail store!
Save up to 15% plus get free delivery with Subscribe & Save as a Prime member.
Caramel Apple Rum Cocktail
This Caramel Apple Rum Cocktail is simple to make. You don’t even need any fancy shakers or muddler or fancy bar glass. I do recommend a jigger to get the measurements just right so it tastes just like the cocktail I made because I spent all kinds of time getting the mix perfect and it is worth measuring the ingredients to get it right.
Start with a little caramel sauce on the bottom of a glass. Add rum and apple juice. Give it a mix so the caramel fuses with the liquid. Add ice and pour Sparkling ICE Crisp Apple over top. Drink up!
The Caramel Apple Mocktail is even easier and would be a fun treat for after school or just to mix up while hanging out on a warm weekend this fall. Just leave out the rum and you have a drink that tastes like a caramel apple sucker.
- .5 ounce caramel sauce
- 1.5 ounces rum (bourbon can also be used)
- 2 ounces apple juice
- 4 ounces Sparkling ICE Crisp Apple
- Ice cubes
- cinnamon stick
- apple slice
- Use a jigger to measure the caramel sauce and pour into the bottom of a glass.
- Add rum and apple juice.
- Stir until the caramel sauce has combined with the liquid.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes.
- Pour Sparkling ICE Crisp Apple over top.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and apple slice (optional).
- ** for mocktail version, simply leave out the rum and add an extra 2 ounces extra Sparkling ICE Crisp Apple
Try all 16 flavors of Sparkling ICE and let me know how you celebrate the back to school season in the comments below.