DIY Wooden Shower Caddy
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TimeWithAveeno #CollectiveBias
It is time to treat yourself and make this adorable but simple DIY Wooden Shower Caddy for a little ‘Me Time’. Fill the caddy with your favorite AVEENO® products like AVEENO® Skin Relief Body Wash and AVEENO® POSITIVELY SMOOTH® Shave Gel to help turn your daily shower into a mini spa-like experience.
As a busy mother of two young children, ‘Me Time’ is rare. Relaxing for a few moments in the shower is sometimes the only time of day that I am not catering to someone else. I decided to make this DIY Wooden Shower Caddy to help me relax just a bit and do something for myself.
On my weekly shopping trip to my local Walmart, I got an idea to make a pretty shower caddy that would look great in my bathroom. I wanted a small, white, wooden container with rustic handles and a chalkboard detail framed out beautifully. If I am making myself a gorgeous shower caddy, I would need some great products to go into it. A browse through the personal care aisle is just what I needed!
You can find the AVEENO® POSITIVELY SMOOTH® Shave Gel next to the razor section. I went with AVEENO® because not only is it the #1 recommended over the counter shave gel brand by Dermatologists in the USA, but it leaves my legs feeling silky smooth and fantastic.
More reasons to pick AVEENO® POSITIVELY SMOOTH® Shave Gel :
- This specially formulated shave gel helps you shave less often and helps prevent shaving irritation, so your skin stays softer and smoother for longer.
- It contains an exclusive combination of natural soy extract, oat, aloe, vitamins E and skin conditioners and has been shown to naturally minimize the reappearance of unwanted hair with continued use so you can shave less often. It immediately softens and conditions hair, making it easier for you to get a close, smooth shave.
- It also helps protect skin against nicks, cuts, and even razor bumps.
- It soothes your skin to help it look and feel healthier.
- Offers a light, natural scent.
- Gentle enough for sensitive skin.
A shower isn’t complete without a fantastic body cleanser. AVEENO® Skin Relief Body Wash is a favorite of mine because it is hypoallergenic and gentle on my sensitive skin. More reasons to pick AVEENO® Skin Relief Body Wash as your go-to body cleanser :
- This creamy body wash gently but effectively cleanses while leaving itchy, dry skin feeling soothed and moisturized. The unique formula is designed to work with your skin to remove dirt and impurities without disrupting skin’s natural moisture barrier for skin that is soft, smooth and healthy-looking.
- Has a new look and even gentler formula.
Follow AVEENO® on Social Media :
DIY Wooden Shower Caddy
I found some amazing products to fill my DIY Wooden Shower Caddy, now to make the caddy itself. I love DIY projects for many reasons but mostly because I can create exactly what I want to fit into my home seamlessly. You can pick your own caddy color, handles of choice and a frame that you love to create something that is all yours.
Wooden Shower Caddy Supplies needed:
- 4- 2.5 inch by 12 inch utility wood (sides)
- 5.25 inch by 12 inch utility wood (bottom)
- 4.5 inch by 9.5 inch utility wood, cut in half (ends)
- +/- 3.5 inch by 4.5 inch frame of choice
- chalk paint
- 2 small handles
- white spray paint
- fast acting multi-use adhesive
- chalk to write with
- small paint brush
Begin by putting your box together. Start with the sides and end pieces. Using your glue, adhere the sides and ends together by stacking 2 side pieces, gluing one side and using slight pressure until the glue begins to dry. Complete the frame.
You will notice that the end pieces do not match up perfectly. We want a space between the bottom and side pieces to act as a vent and to drain any excess water. Trapping moisture may cause mold so make sure you are leaving that excess space.
Glue the bottom piece on and let the box sit until glue is completely set. Once your glue is dry, smooth the box with sandpaper. Find a well ventilated area to spray paint. I like to go outside when doing this task. Shake your spray paint bottle and spray an even coat. Let dry. Repeat until you get your desired result. I did 3 coats total with the spray paint. You can even use the sandpaper after painting to create a more weathered effect if you wish.
Once the paint has dried, glue the handles on each end piece. I eyeball what centered is but you can certainly measure each side to ensure both sides are even.
Create your chalkboard detail. Take your frame and pencil out the area that needs chalkboard paint by using the frame as a template. Two coats of chalkboard paint should be efficient. Let the paint dry and glue the frame over top. Write a message to yourself with the chalk on the chalkboard. I chose ‘Me Time’ as a reminder that I deserve time to myself everyday! ‘Bath’, ‘Wash’, ‘Blessed’ would also be great messaging to write.
Fill the DIY Wooden Shower Caddy with your must-have shower products. AVEENO® Skin Relief Body Wash and AVEENO® POSITIVELY SMOOTH® Shave Gel are a must. Also add a pumice for your heels, a scented candle to fill the room with your favorite scent, a razor, hand towel and shower sponge.
Is shower time a relaxing daily moment for you? When do you find ‘Me time’?