This simple Garlic Bread is made with garlic, fresh parsley, butter and Parmesan cheese baked on a fresh loaf of French bread.
“Never let a recipe tell you how much garlic to put in it. You measure that with your heart. ” – unknown
Seriously, though! I love garlic. Garlic is one of my few essential ingredients in the kitchen that I could not live without and if it can be used in a recipe, I use it! Garlic is such a simple way to add flavor to any dish, it’s affordable and easy to cook with so if you aren’t on team garlic, you should be!
Garlic Bread is easy to make, delicious, quick and goes with almost dinner entree! My family enjoys it Easy Weeknight Spaghetti and you can get the recipe here. You can also make this bread with seafood, steak, any sort of pasta, salads, and of course, warm comforting soups.
- 1 loaf French bread cut lengthwise
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ cup softened butter unsalted
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mince garlic cloves, chop fresh parsley. Grate cheese and cut bread lengthwise.
- On the stove top, heat up a saucepan on a medium-high heat. Once hot, add the olive oil and minced garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add to a small mixing bowl.
- Add softened butter, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix ingredients together and spread on bread.
- Sprinkle the cheese over top.
- Bake for 10 minutes on a foil covered baking sheet and add 3 minutes under broil or until the cheese is melted and the edges of bread begin to get crispy and slightly browned.
- Slice and serve.