Garlic Ginger Chicken is a perfect weeknight chicken marinade recipe to pair with some rice and vegetables. It has a strong ginger taste flavor and the garlic and soy sauce pull the marinade all together. How do you describe ginger? A little bit woody, lemony, spicy? It is interesting but so delish.
Perhaps you don’t love ginger and if you would like to calm the ginger flavor down a pinch, that is fine. Go with .5 tablespoons minced ginger in the recipe, just cutting it in half. Garlic Ginger Chicken can be prepared in advance too. You just need 30 minutes of marinade time but you can prep in the morning or night before and just let the chicken rest in the fridge so you can just throw it in the oven at dinner time and have it on the table within 35 minutes. We love those “throw it in the oven for 30 minute” meals, don’t we mamas?
Recently, my family has switched to buying organic chicken. While, I’m not here to talk you into spending the extra cash on organic products because I know what it is like to budget every penny, I do want to just tell you all why we decided to go with organic chicken.
To be able to make the organic grade, chickens must not be given antibiotics or use fertilizer, plus are fed an organic diet. I really believe 100% that organic chicken tastes better, it is better for the environment and healthier. Plus, buying organic chickens helps support smaller farms a lot of the time so pay attention to packaging and try and buy local and organic. Price is much higher, yes, but this is one area that I think the benefits win. Decide on what is best for your family and do some research into it to make a choice for your family.
This recipe has been featured on the Weekly Meal Plans for Making Motherhood Matter.
- 1.5 pounds chicken breasts
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- cilantro to garnish (optional)
- Grab ingredients, cutting board, knife, large Ziploc bag, grater/garlic press, baking sheet, foil and measuring cups.
- In the large Ziplock bag, add ¼ cup soy sauce, 1 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Mince a tablespoon of both garlic and ginger into bag. Add chicken and seal letting it marinate for 30 minutes minimum.
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place foil over baking sheet and set marinated chicken on top.
- Place chicken in oven for 30 minutes or fully cooked. Large chicken breasts may take longer.
- As the chicken cooks, wash and chop some fresh cilantro. Just need a tablespoon or two worth.
- Remove chicken from oven and sprinkle with cilantro.
Share with your friends on Pinterest: