Homemade Peanut Butter & Bacon Dog Treats
Homemade Peanut Butter & Bacon Dog Treats are made with bacon, creamy peanut butter, whole wheat flour, oats and egg. The perfect treat for your favorite furry friend.
You dogs need something extra special every once in awhile and what does your dog love more than bacon or peanut butter? Hopefully, it’s you but bacon and peanut butter are probably a very close second so let’s make them some doggie treats.
I just recently started making my own dog treats and this recipe comes from Sally’s Baking Addiction. It is a winner! Really simple, affordable and a great treat for my dog. I made these with ingredients I already had around the house and some leftover bacon from breakfast. I used a 3 pack of dog bone cookie cutters but you can use whatever cookie cutter you would like.
Note that I do recommend consulting a veterinarian in regards to the ingredients in these treats if you have any concerns.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups whole wheat flour, plus more as needed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup oats
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Chop the cooked bacon strips.
- In a medium bowl, mix the egg, peanut butter and milk.
- Add in 2 cups flour and 1 tablespoon baking powder to make a dough.
- Mix in the chopped bacon and oats.
- Sprinkle a bit of flour on your working surface and flour the rolling pin.
- Start rolling out your dough to ¼ inch thickness.
- Use the cookie cutter to make as many treats as possible. You can even re-roll your leftover dough and use the cookie cutter again.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and line with the treats.
- Cook 20 minutes. Flip treats and cook another 10 minutes.
- Let treats cool before storing in an air tight container.
You dogs need something extra special every once in awhile and what does your dog love more than bacon or peanut butter? Hopefully, it's you but bacon and peanut butter are probably a very close second so let's make them some doggie treats. Click To Tweet
Those look so cute! Wow, peanut butter and bacon?! That sounds like a winning treat for sure!
My dog had no complaints! lol
I have made dog treats before to keep on hand for friends who have dogs that come over to visit. Will have to try these out.
That’s a good idea!
This sounds like a recipe I would make for myself! Haha. Anything with peanut butter is my weakness. Looks delicious.
Right? Totally edible for humans too…
I have a bone cookie cutter and just saved this recipe. My fur baby will love it!
Yay, hope your dog enjoys
I’ve always wanted to make homemade treats for my pups! Like they aren’t spoiled enough 😉 thanks for sharing!
My pets are spoiled too… I can’t help it!
I’ve made these before and my daughter’s fur baby absolutely loves them. I have just one question – how long will they last in the freezer? Sophie chooses these over expensive store-bought treats. Thanks for the great recipe
I would treat it like a cookie so up to 2 months in the freezer in an airtight container.
[…] Homemade Peanut Butter Bacon Dog Treats / Leggings N Lattes Homemade Peanut Butter & Bacon Dog Treats are made with bacon, creamy peanut butter, whole wheat flour, oats and egg. The perfect treat for your favorite furry friend. […]