Kale Pesto made with loads of kale, almonds, parmesan cheese, olive oil and garlic. Perfect for pasta, pizza or sandwiches.
Kale is rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin K and Vitamin A. Has no fat and low calories and lots of flavor for a leafy green. Perfect food to get your family eating healthier. Almonds serve as a healthy protein source and olive oil has healthy fats. The parmesan is… well… mostly for the great flavor, however still a great source of calcium and Vitamin D.
For a simple dinner idea: add 2 tablespoons of Kale Pesto on chicken breasts, place some sliced Roma tomatoes on top with some extra shredded parmesan. Cover with foil. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes on 375 degrees. There is something about pesto and tomatoes together that works so perfectly.
Visit Simply Made Recipes for a Shrimp Pesto Linguine recipe.
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¾ cup almonds, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- .5 bunch of kale
- pinch of salt
- Wash kale well.
- Shred parmesan cheese and mince the garlic cloves.
- Place the olive oil, kale, almonds, garlic, salt and shredded parmesan cheese into food processor.
- Blend until smooth. This only takes around 3 minutes.
- Taste test. Pesto may need more salt.
- Blend another minute. Consistency should be paste like but still somewhat creamy. You may need to add a dab more olive oil at this point also.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge if not consumed immediately.
Try other variations of pesto. Swap kale for basil, almonds for pine nuts or parmesan for romano. Delish!
Pin recipe for later:
Your Kale Pesto looks delicious! I love how green it is! This would be perfect for St. Patricks day too!! 🙂
Ha. Thats true, it is perfect for the holiday
what a great recipe! kale is really so healthy! I need to incorporate more kale in my diet
I never thought of making kale pesto, but this is the prettiest color I have ever seen! I am going to have to steal this recipe!
YUM! I absolutely love pesto but don’t make it enough. Definitely going to give this recipe a try soon!
What a totally different type of pesto. I love it. Thanks for sharing.
omg that looks so delicious! I’ve been craving a pesto pasta so much lately so I guess that’s happening very soon!