Overnight No Heat Beach Waves
This post is sponsored by Dove Hair Care but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Overnight No Heat Beach Waves are so easy to create with two simple french braids, a good night sleep and the right products!
To create these Overnight No Heat Beach Waves easy-peasy, starting with the right products! Today, I used:
- Dove Thickening Ritual Shampoo and Dove Thickening Ritual Conditioner. Create healthy, fuller looking hair while boosting fullness and volume starting with the first wash. Perfect for beach waves and the lavender oil and rosemary in these bottles smell amazing while supplying much needed nourishment!
- Dove Compressed Flexible Hold Hair Spray (Micro Mist Hair Spray). This hairspray offers flexible hold without the stiffness keeping my beach waves in tact all day long while still being touchably soft.
These amazing Dove products are for more than beach waves. Try them for your daily hair routine as follows:
- Apply Dove Thickening Ritual Shampoo to wet hair in the shower, lather and rinse.
- After shampooing, apply Dove Thickening Ritual Conditioner and massage thoroughly before rinsing.
- Dry hair well with towel.
- Brush through to get rid of any tangles.
- Style hair as normal.
- Finish the hairstyle with Dove Compressed Flexible Hold Hair Spray to hold in place all day but still keeping it touchable and gorgeous.
Your local Walmart is the go-to place to find all these amazing Dove products, plus more! Just head to the Personal Care area to Beauty and Dove will be with the hair care items.
Overnight No Heat Beach Waves
Ready for some Overnight No Heat Beach Waves? I love this hairstyle for so many reasons starting with the simplicity and fact that I don’t have to blow dry or put any heat on my head because the last thing I want to do on a hot summer day is blow dry all this hair! These beach waves are my go-to summer hairstyle for any occasion or outfit.
Steps to Overnight No Heat Beach Waves
Beautiful hair starts in the shower and Dove Thickening Ritual Shampoo and Conditioner. Apply Dove Thickening Ritual Shampoo to wet hair, lather while enjoying the lavender aroma and rinse. Once the shampoo is rinsed, apply the Dove Thickening Ritual Conditioner massaging throughout hair and rinse well.
Once out the shower, dry hair well with a towel and brush.
Let the hair air dry until damp. 30 minutes outside on the deck in this hot Cincinnati weather is all my hair takes to dry enough for the next step.
Part your hair down the middle and french braid each side. Your part does not have to be perfect and the braid can be completely sloppy. Perfection is not needed for these french braids!
How to french braid:
- Take some hair at the top of the sectioned hair and separate it into three equal sections left, middle and right.
- Take the left section, cross it over the middle one and combine it with the right section.
- Take right section, cross it over the middle and combine it with the left section.
- Repeat until you are at the nape of your neck.
- Once you reach the nape of your neck, bring your hair to one side and finish off with a three strand braid.
- Secure with small hair ties.
If you have hair down to your booty or barely past your shoulders, you can do this hairstyle! As long as you can get the hair into french braids (even just messy loose ones), YOU can totally pull this simple hairstyle off.
Once the french braids are complete, you can pull the strands out a bit to loosen. A tight french braid will give you a tighter wave, a loose french braid will give you larger waves. I go somewhere in the middle so this where you get to decide the look you are going for and make those braids as tight or loose as you want.
Go to bed and let the hair dry completely.
You can also do these braids in the morning and make them neat and not so sloppy while hanging out at the pool all day or running errands. Come back home, put some make up on, take those french braids out and you can be ready for date night in a snap!
Take the braids out and shake your hair to loosen. Don’t use a brush but instead use your fingers to part the hair and untangle any spots needed.
Grab the Dove Compressed Flexible Hold Hairspray and spray evenly over hair holding the can 8-10 inches from hair. As you spray, scrunch the bottom of the hair using your hands and shake your hair out a bit leaving you with those beautiful Overnight No Heat Beach Waves that look natural and scream summertime!
Now, I just need a one-way ticket to the beach. Let me know about your summer plans in the comments below and how these Overnight No Heat Beach Waves will fit into your summer style.