Pesto Pasta Salad
Pesto Pasta Salad is a simple cold pasta salad with cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese pearls, balsamic vinaigrette, and a pesto. Perfect for the upcoming warm weather family grill outs or for lunches.
I am a huge fan of pasta salad. I love to make a big batch on Sunday afternoon for the family to eat for lunches throughout the week making it a healthier and more affordable option. Plus, it is so darn simple. Pasta salad is always, always, always a safe bet to bring to any gathering from neighborhood grill out to a work pot luck.
What kind of pesto should you use for Pesto Pasta Salad?
You can use whatever pesto you enjoy. If that is a store bought one to make this dish super convenient or if you make your own. Try the Kale Pesto recipe from our blog made with kale, almonds, olive oil, garlic and parmesan cheese. Click HERE for recipe.
- I box bow tie pasta
- ⅓ cup pesto
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 8 ounce container mozzarella pearls
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Cook bow tie pasta according to package directions.
- Chop the fresh basil and cut cherry tomatoes in halves.
- In a small bowl, add olive oil, pesto, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well with a whisk.
- In a large mixing bowl, add drained pasta, pesto mixture, drained mozzarella pearls, basil and tomatoes. Stir.
- Place in fridge for 2 hours and serve.
Pin this recipe to share with your friends: