This post is sponsored by Sensible Portions but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Pomegranate Guacamole is a healthier holiday snack or appetizer option made with avocado, red onion, freshly squeezed lime, garlic, cilantro, serrano pepper, pomegranate arils paired with Sensible Portions® Garden Veggie Straws.
The holiday season is in full swing! This means chocolates, pumpkin desserts, high sugar coffee concoctions and comfort food is surrounding us all. I’m not against a big bowl of mashed potatoes or a slice of cheesecake every once in awhile but you still need to be conscious of your health and overall food intake. Having some healthier options is a must and Pomegranate Guacamole served with Sensible Portions® Garden Veggie Straws is a fantastic way to stay festive without guilt.
Sensible Portions® Garden Veggie Straws
Sensible Portions® Garden Veggie Straws are a healthier snack choice that are vegan, Non-GMO, Organic, 30% less fat than chips with no artificial flavors or preservatives, Kosher have no Trans fats and no Cholesterol. Made with potatoes and garden vegetables for a better for you kind of snack that supply a crispy crunch and delicious flavor.
Veggie Straws can be found at your local Walmart located in the healthy snacks section, adjacent to chip aisle. Walmart has everything else you need for this Pomegranate Guacamole and is the best one stop shop to pick up anything and everything you could need this season.
Find out more about Sensible Portions® Garden Veggie Straws and find them at a Walmart near you.
How to Eat Sensible Portions® Garden Veggie Straws
Eat Sensible Portions® Garden Veggie Straws wherever you go. It is the perfect grab and go snack. Pack a bag for traveling in the car this holiday season, grab some for a quick and better for you snack during work, or dip them! The dips are endless but this Pomegranate Guacamole might be a favorite!
Pomegranate Guacamole is creamy and fresh with just a little heat from the serrano. The pomegranates add a nice unexpected touch to this guacamole giving it a kick of sour and touch of sweetness. This snack may sound a little strange at first but is absolutely delicious. After a bite, you will be a believer!
- This dish is made with all fresh ingredients so the first step is to wash the cilantro, serrano and the outsides of the pomegranate,lime and avocados.
- Next, prepare the ingredients. Chop the onion and cilantro. Do a fine dice on the garlic clove and serrano. You can remove the seeds or leave them in with the serrano. I leave mine. Slice the lime in half. Slice the avocados in half and remove the pits. Also, remove the arils from a pomegranate. Some tips and tricks on handling a pomegranate are below!
- Mash the avocado and mix in all the ingredients.
Tips & Tricks
Pomegranate is not the easiest fruit to handle but there are many techniques to make removing the arils easier and quicker. My favorite involves a bowl of cold water. Start by removing the stem of the pomegranate and cutting into four sections. Submerge each section in the cold water and use your hands to remove the arils. The arils will follow to the bottom of the bowl and the excess floats to the top. Then, you just need to remove everything that has risen to the top and drain the water from the bowl to leave just pomegranate arils that are ready to eat.
- Sensible Portions® Garden Veggie Straws
- 4 avocados , large
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 serrano pepper, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Rinse the produce.
- Cut all 4 avocados in half and remove seeds. Using a spoon, remove the skin of the avocados and put the good stuff in a bowl. Add salt. Cut lime in half and squeeze the juice into bowl. Use an avocado masher or fork to mash the avocados.
- Chop half a red onion and place into bowl.
- De-stem the leaves from the cilantro, chop and place into bowl.
- Mince the garlic and serrano pepper and place into bowl. You can remove the seeds from the pepper before chopping for less heat in the guacamole.
- Cut the pomegranate and quarters and remove the arils. Place arils into bowl and stir ingredients together. Some tips within post about pomegranates.
- Garnish with more pomegranate arils and serve with Sensible Portions® Garden Veggie Straws.
How do you keep on track and eat healthier during the holiday season? Let me know in the comments below and tell me how you enjoy to eat Sensible Portions® Garden Veggie Straws.