7 Ways to Have Your Period Suck Less
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DivaDifference #CollectiveBias
Let’s face it – your monthly period just is no fun! The bloating, the irritability, the cravings for chocolate cake, the lack of energy… you get the point! It all stinks! Today, I am sharing 7 Ways to Have Your Period Suck Less featuring the DivaCup® because we can all use a bit of relief when that time of month arrives.
We are talking about it today! You know… that thing we never talk about… your PERIOD. I have found my secret weapon with the eco-friendly, comfortable and convenient DivaCup for my #1 solution to making my period suck less with 12 hours leak free protection. 91% of women who try the DivaCup agree with me and will never go back to traditional menstrual care products!
Why women everywhere are switching to the DivaCup and you should too:
- The DivaCup is going to save you money! The average cost for menstrual care is $150 every year while the DivaCup cost is $39.99.
- Offers 12 hours of leak free protection.
- Comfortable! You won’t even feel the DivaCup or have the dryness that tampons can leave in the vaginal canal.
- No waste. There are no plastic wrappers, strings or anything else that needs disposal.
- You can still be active with hiking, running, walking or any other activities.
- Made with healthcare grade silicone.
- No chemicals, adhesives or additives!
- The cup can help track flow measurements to report back to your doctor.
The DivaCup comes in two sizes. Which DivaCup is right for you?
- DivaCup® Model 1 : Recommended for women under the age 30 who have not delivered vaginally or by cesarean section.
- DivaCup® Model 2 : Recommended for women over the age 30 who have delivered vaginally or by cesarean section.
- DivaWash® : A natural cleanser specifically formulated to protect the silicone material in your DivaCup that is naturally pH balanced, gentle and made from 100% plant based ingredients.
7 Ways to Have Your Period Suck Less
Curling up in the fetal position in bed while binge watching a television series for the week while the PMS subsides is on the wish list during menstruation but there are better ways to get past those monthly blues. Here are 7 Ways to Have Your Period Suck Less so you can get out and live your life:
I know all you want to do is grab a bag of potato chips and an extra large chocolate bar but reaching towards healthier options will help combat PMS. Load up on fruits, vegetables and lean proteins. A small dark chocolate candy bar won’t hurt though so allow yourself one treat to pick up your mood and satisfy your cravings.
You may want to reach for an entire pot of coffee in the morning because your period is seriously just so darn tiring. Avoid caffeine and grab water instead. Water can help reduce cramping and keep your skin glowing.
Menstrual Care Product That Works
I think all of us females have probably had menstruation mishap at one point or another. From starting a bit early and not having any menstrual care products on hand to a heavy flow day that leaks through to your clothes – we have all been there! Strangely enough, it is also something we females never talk about. Having the right menstrual care products is necessary to avoid mishaps and have your period suck a little less. Time to tell all your friends about the DivaCup!
What you need to know about your DivaCup before using:
- Before use, boil in a pot of water for 5-10 minutes.
- Empty, wash and insert the DivaCup every 10-12 hours during your cycle.
- Wash your DivaCup with warm water and the DivaWash or a mild, unscented, oil and fragrance free soap.
- If you have a regular cycle, you can insert the DivaCup the day your are to begin your period.
- You can sleep, work, exercise like normal with the DivaCup.
It is really important to read the User Guide before trying the cup and to consult with their healthcare provider if they have any questions with regards to your gynecological health. The Consumer Care Team at DivaCup is also available to answer questions and concerns. They can be reached at email@example.com, 1-866-444-3482 or via our social media networks. The team are on the phone with women, for insertion, removal etc. Don’t hesitate to call the team with your questions!
Get ready in the Morning
Lounging in sweatpants all day long sounds perfect that time of month but take the effort and get dressed up, do your makeup and hair. You will feel more motivated and prettier. Just feeling pretty can have a serious affect on your mood. So, put on those pumps you recently bought, make sure that eyeliner is on point and look your best. Feeling bloated? Grab a peasant or other flowing top for more comfort.
Hit the gym! Working out can help reduce cramps, get rid of that awful headache, brighten your mood and also give you more energy. Some people believe you should avoid workout during your period but toss that idea right out the window because there are so many benefits. Even a brisk walk through the neighborhood or a 30 minute workout in your living room can give you some noticeable relief of PMS symptoms.
It does not seem to matter what time of month it is, I am always one exhausted mom. The first two days of my period however, are the worst. All I feel like doing is curling up in bed and sleeping. Avoid lounging all day! Get up and keep active during the day to get a bit more sleep at night. Go to bed an hour earlier than normal. If serious cramps are keeping you up at night, be more proactive during the daytime with your healthy eating habits, water consumption and getting a good workout in so you can get some much needed rest at night.
Do Something Nice for Yourself
PMS can leave you cranky and not feeling all that beautiful so do something nice for yourself to brighten up your day. A massage, facial, pedicure, buy that new purse you have had your eyes on or just grab yourself some fresh flowers for the home. You deserve it!
Have you tried the DivaCup yet? If not, what is holding you back? Make sure to also share some of your period relief tips in the comments below!