Crock-pot Italian Beef Sandwiches
Crock-pot Italian Beef Sandwiches are made with a large roast, packet if Italian seasoning, pepperoncini's, giardiniera mix slow cooked all day and put on a toasted deli sub with melted provolone cheese.
Servings 6 sandwiches
- 3 pound bottom round roast
- packet Italian seasoning zesty
- 8 ounces deli sliced pepperoncini's plus more for topping
- 8 ounces mild giardiniera prefer Chicago-style
- 6 provolone cheese slices
- 6 deli sub buns
Trim fat from the roast and pat dry.
Place the roast into crock-pot and rub the Italian seasoning over top.
Add pepperoncini's and giardiniera. Add just a little bit of the juices from those jars (1/3 cup).
Cook on low 8-10 hours.
Shred the meat.
Pre-heat oven to broil.
Slice and butter the subs and place under broil for 3 minutes. Add a slice of cheese and broil 2 more minutes.
Add shredded meat to each sub with some extra pepperoncini's and serve.